President: Andrew Sulaiman
- email: email@example.com
Andrew is a PhD Candidate in Dr. Lisheng Wang’s lab. As President, he ensures the smooth functioning of the BMIGSA and serves as a contact for both students and faculty to discuss any issues, ideas or concerns.
President of the BMIGSA is responsible for:
- Representing graduate students at the Faculty Council Meetings
- Acting as Chair and supervising the affairs of the BMIGSA
- Co-ordinating activities, policies and events
- Mediating collaboration with other student governments
- Relaying any ideas/concerns to appropriate channels
VP Internal: Julia Nunes
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
My name is Julia Nunes and I am the new VP Internal for BMI-GSA. I am a first year M.Sc. student in the Fullerton lab, who has been a council member at large for the past year.
As VP internal, I am responsible for:
- Desk assignments
- Organizing our summer BBQs (and recruiting volunteers)
- Internal departmental affairs, so please let me know about any concerns, questions or ideas.
VP External: Sara El-Sahli
- interfacing with GSAED on behalf of the BMI student body
- attending meetings which are external to the BMI department
VP Academic: Kevin Mercurio
- email: email@example.com
Kevin is a M.Sc. Biochemistry Candidate in Dr. Kristin Baetz’ lab. As VP Academic, he hopes to bridge the gap between faculty members and graduate students by organizing events that encourage informal discussion on relevant scientific topics.
VP Academic represents BMI’s graduate students both at the departmental and faculty level. The main responsibilities include:
- communicating academic feedback to BMI program directors and faculty administration
- relaying important faculty and program information back to the students
- organizing academic-related events throughout the school year (ex. scientific panels, FoM’s Career Day).
VP Social: Redaet Daniel
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Redaet is in charge of organizing social events for students of the department. She keeps busy thinking up new and fun things for our students to participate in.
- The Halloween and Christmas parties are the key events but many other activities like pub/ trivia nights, friendly competitions, and food events are also common.
VP Archives: Reena Fabros
- email: email@example.com
- Reena is a MSc Candidate in Dr. Kin Chan’s lab. As VP Archives, she keeps a written record of all council meetings, to ensure ideas, suggestions and concerns are properly communicated and well-documented.
VP Archives is responsible for:
- Taking meeting notes at all BMIGSA meeting
- Creating a record of the activities and changes completed by the council
VP Finance: Sarah McGarry
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah is a M.Sc. Biochemistry candidate in Dr. Lisheng Wang’s lab. As VP Finance she works to ensure that BMIGSA funds are spent responsibly and in the best interests of the students.
- Recording all transactions that utilize BMIGSA funds
- Accounts Payable – reimbursing / paying for all BMIGSA expenses
- Accounts Receivable – depositing of BMIGSA cheques
VP Wellness: Hayley McKay
- email: email@example.com
- Events involving graduate student physical and mental wellness
VP Communications: Elizabeth Walden
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth is a Ph.D. Student in the lab of Dr. Kristin Baetz. As VP communications she hopes to make sure that students are aware of all of the awesome events that the BMIGSA and the department have going on. Additionally she hopes to foster a scientific community in the department through the introduction of a small science communication outreach program.
VP communications is responsible for keeping everyone up to date with events and BMIGSA matters:
- Uses email, twitter, and facebook to promote events (email if you have one you want promoted)
- Maintains the website (send photos if you want them posted)
- Aiming to set up a graduate student science communication platform